Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Something I Thought Was Intresting

While having my quiet time the other day and I saw this and it really spoke to me. When going through difficult times, what path will I choose, bitterness and complaint, or contentment and praise? This choice we face everyday. Bitterness dampens and eventually destroys love for God. It eats away at the statement: God is Love. But contentment is the opposite: It fuels the heart with endless reasons to praise God. I have been reading a book called The Unquenchable Worshipper. It is amazing. This is my second time going through it and this time I am taking notes. I have really had to look at my heart and repent for a lot of things. I never realized what needed to be taken care of. This book is mainly for worship leaders but it addresses us as worshippers to. I am both. I am the youth "worshipper leader" in a way. Actually P.A. is, but we are under him as leaders. Anna, Katie, Kody, Amber and I. We have to make sure of the reasons we are up there singing. On the other hand, when I am a worshipper, do we(I) worship when none is looking or is it just when we are at church. Worship is not singing songs, clapping hands, or playing music. It a song from our hearts to God. I wonder if we were to take away music how long could we worship? We(including me) need to take time by our selves and worship and praise God for who he is.
Also something that's has also been on my mind today is that when we go through difficult situations, when we have those chains on our feet, and our hands are bound, we still praise him. You know the song Shackles, by Mary Mary? Take the shackles off my feet SO I can dance, I want to praise you. That word SO means after you take the chain off, I will dance and praise you, I know that it would be pretty hard to dance with shackles on but we need to praise TO Get the shackle off of our feet. Something I thought of. Hope You All Have A GREAT Day!!!!! Be Blessed!!!

Have A Jesus Filled Day,
Ruthie

P. S. Here is something else that spoke to me: The heart of God loves the offerings of a persevering worshipper. Though over-whelmed by many troubles, they are even more over-whelmed by the beauty of God.

No comments: